We are looking for an ambitious and experienced florist to join the core team at NB Flowers.
We are a small, friendly team, working discreetly for some of London’s most discerning clients. We are looking for a hands on team player, that has the all important eye, experience, and flair, to provide flowers to the highest standards. The ideal candidate will have gained good experience in all areas of floristry, and is looking apply this knowledge and grow into a new role.
We are based at New Covent Garden Market and work closely with the market traders on the wholesale floor. Our florists developing their working relationship with wholesalers, building an extensive knowledge of flower varieties, seasonality, and prices. We allow time to research, discuss, look, and absorb this knowledge.
Our employee philosophy at NB Flowers is to provide, enable, and facilitate you with everything you need to create beautiful flowers, whilst being a team player, being supported by, and supporting the team. We will give you the freedom to evolve, and take on new challenges. Our team consist of self starting, motivated individuals all sharing a passion for flowers, whilst keeping the customer at heart.
You are given a very free rein and we support you to achieve your best, and we reward accordingly.
• A passion for flowers
• Ability to design arrangements to clients brief
• Interest in developing flower trends and styles, and evolving your own style
• Excellent flower knowledge including an appreciation English flowers and seasonality
• Excellent eye for detail and high standards of delivery
• Excellent verbal and written English
• Minimum five years events and contracts floristry experience or extensive other relevant experience
• Basic Microsoft Office and Outlook skills
• Highly organised and self-motivated individual that works well under pressure and with proactive attitude
• Ability to produce event flowers from client request to final delivery
• Good understanding of the technical mechanics required for event work
• Ability to design, install, and maintain contract flowers
• Considerate and supportive team player
• Responsible, accountable, punctual, and reliable
• Full clean driving licence and happy to drive a van in Central London
• Designing large and small scale events, contracts, and private orders assigned to you
• Producing visual and costed proposals using MS Office that can be sent to clients
• Creating buying lists, selecting varieties / quantities of flowers to fulfil the brief
• Ordering flowers with wholesale market traders
How to apply
• Collecting and checking flowers, and overseeing conditioning
• Managing a team of freelancers for larger events
• Making small scale events, contract, and private orders assigned to you when required
• Ensuring all the props are available for your event
• Going on-site to deliver /set up / oversee installations
• Maintaining contract flowers through the week
• Assigned special projects to explore new development opportunities