Summary of the role
The Assistant Property Manager reports to Market Manager. This position has an integral role in managing relationships with the Market’s tenants, which involves meeting with tenants during the markets night-time operating hours.
The Assistant Market Manager supports the Market Manager with day to day running of the New Covent Garden Market, co-ordinating property management activities to deliver the best value for CGMA and the best service for our tenants.
1. Day to day running of the Covent Garden Market buildings, as delegated by the Market Manager.
2. Responsibility and control of the property administrative system.
3. Responsibility for property lettings/void management across the estate, whilst also dealing with day to day minor matters and property administration such as business rates.
In addition, the Assistant Property Manager assists the Market Manager with planning and implementing regulatory and business continuance activities.
Roles and responsibilities / a typical day will include;
1. Foster good relationships with all NCGM stakeholders, primarily with tenants by managing the life cycle of tenancies from lease start to end and ensure all processes are followed and supporting documentation delivered:
a. Source tenants for vacant units to maximise occupancy, follow up leasing enquiries, undertake viewings, negotiate lease terms consistent with set parameters and administer lease documentation.
b. Engage proactively with tenants, obtain a strong understanding of their service needs, and provide tenant account information and support within the CGMAs remit
c. Report and resolve issues in conjunction with the operations team
d. Ensure estate assets are appropriately and robustly managed
e. Assist with the administration and certification of the tenant service charge
f. Identify and develop value-added services to improve the market experience for the customers
g. Engage with external stakeholders, including adjoining landowners and local authorities as appropriate.
2. Maintain and report accurate and timely data on the market’s units and tenants.
3. Administer procurement and contract tendering process in line with SFI’s.
4. Maintain accurate and comprehensive supplier records on terms, conditions, renewal dates, KPI’s, SLA’s).
5. Respond to emergency situations and urgent issues (crisis management) in line with the CGMA business continuity arrangements.
6. Collaborate effectively with other CGMA departments to deliver the best possible outcomes for the market and tenant relationships.
7. Represent the CGMA professionally in all communications with external agencies and stakeholders.
8. Identify and implement opportunities to enhance asset value and tenant mix in line with CGMA’s statutory obligations and strategy.
Skills / Experience
· Experience of property management including lease renewal and administration and positive tenant relationships
· Understanding and experience of maintaining compliance with legislative requirements, bylaws and lease obligations.
· Experience of estates management
· Strong planning and organisational skills desired, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously, and excellent attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) and good stakeholder management experience
· Competent computer and digital platform skills including MS Office
· Property management within commercial experience
· Experience of working with property management systems
Hours and Salary
Full-time – working onsite at the Food Exchange a minimum 2-3 days per week (35 hours per week)
Salary: £35,000 per annum
To apply, please contact Toyin Allen – Assoc CIPD - email@example.com