Reporting to: Facilities Manager
This exciting new role will see you take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Food Exchange business centre which is already home to some of the most exciting and innovative businesses in food. We want the Food Exchange to be at the forefront of a food revolution:-
- Co-ordinating property management activities to ensure the building always looks, feels and functions at its best.
- Delivering financial and service performance – keeping up with the fast-moving service needs of tenants without blowing the budget.
- Development of a vibrant and progressive food business community through the organisation of events, socials or just creating an excuse for people to eat amazing food.
- Scope to develop the role and get involved with the wider market community.
Key responsibilities / a typical day will involve:
- Take lead responsibility for managing the centre on a day-to-day basis.
- Work collaboratively with property, marketing and operational colleagues to provide a best-in-class service to occupiers and visitors.
- Contribute to the marketing and promotion of the centre to food related businesses via digital platforms and physical marketing campaigns.
- Organise and facilitate community events, meetings and social gatherings with a strong food focus.
- Be an ambassador for the Food Exchange community by assisting with initiatives to build relationships with food industry stakeholders in London and beyond.
- Engage proactively with tenants to obtain a strong understanding of their service needs and where necessary liaise with other CGMA departments to ensure efficient and effective service solutions.
- Identify and implement opportunities to grow rental value and create additional revenue streams which align with the asset strategy for the centre.
- Co-ordinate tenant occupation and vacation processes including providing assistance with shared infrastructure such as the building WiFi network.
- Assist with the development and administration of health and safety, security and general management protocols and processes.
- Be at the forefront of a food business revolution.
Key skills and experience
- A natural people person with a positive disposition
- Strong planning, administration and organisational skills desired
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Polite and confident with a great deal of patience
- Aptitude in resolving issues with a customer-focused orientation
- Competent computer and digital platform skills including MS Office
- Minimum of five GCSEs (A-C) including English and Maths
- £26,500 per annum
- 35 hours per week (office based) 8.00am – 4.00pm
- Allowance for structured training and certification
- 26 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays)
- Defined contribution pension plan
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com
About Covent Garden Market Authority
Covent Garden Market Authority (CGMA) is the team that looks after and manages New Covent Garden Market. A statutory body, set up by Acts of Parliament in 1961, we own and are responsible for the running of the market. We are accountable to the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). We work to give our market community the best possible space, support and help to connect with each other and grow. We lease space on the market and provide our community with the facilities they need to run their businesses. This includes cleaning, recycling and waste disposal, security, traffic control and the maintenance of buildings and equipment. We also work to support and promote our tenant businesses. We’re behind the market’s social media, website, campaigns, marketing and promotions. We offer business support and development and we link our community to environment, community and health initiatives.