Founded in 1989, PAUL THOMAS has decorated some of the most glittering parties and weddings of the last three decades as well as supplying leading London hotels, businesses and private homes with exquisite weekly flowers.
Our signature bold and beautiful creations, inspired by the quintessential English garden have earned us a loyal client list including the Royal Family and some of London’s most eminent businesses such as The Ritz, Sotheby’s, Fortnum & Mason, Van Cleef & Arpels and Derwent London.
What began life as a small Mayfair shop serving local residents and businesses 30 years ago, has grown into a well-known name in the floral industry, delivering bouquets nationwide and creating spectacular events across the world. PAUL THOMAS is growing at a fast rate and is looking to recruit new candidates for several new and exciting opportunities.
PAUL THOMAS is committed to sustainability efforts to protect our environment. We aim to make the kind of ambitious difference that will shape a strong future for both our company and the environment. Our social responsibilities and the principles that guide us, are instilled within our business.
In the Spring of 2023, we will be opening a new market-leading concept store in the heart of London. The store will be the beating heart of PAUL THOMAS, representing our core brand and design values.
PAUL THOMAS remains true to its original vision of supplying the highest quality flowers and dedicated service
JOB VACANCY: Head Florist
LOCATION: Battersea, London
START DATE: as soon as possible, 2022
We’re looking for a highly experienced florist to join the team at PAUL THOMAS. This role is of central importance to the company and is an exciting opportunity to work across all departments including ecommerce bouquets, regular contracts and events. The right candidate will have the chance to play a key role in an experienced and fun team in a busy environment and will be given the opportunity to develop their skills.
This is a full time, hands-on operational role, that demands a flexible attitude to working days and hours to ensure that PAUL THOMAS continues to offer its clients the highest quality product and service.
Working closely with our Founder & Creative Director, Paul Thomas-Jeffreys and a team of master florists, the successful candidate will create and deliver truly extraordinary flowers.
· Buying, making, delivering and installing flowers in all areas of the business, overseen by Senior Management.
· Working closely with Founder & Creative Director Paul Thomas-Jeffreys to ensure our design ethos is passed down to all staff and freelancers and ensuring all jobs are consistent with our signature style and mechanics
· Training, inspiring and nurturing florists as well as setting the standard of expertise and high level of execution
· Developing ideas with designers for large scale installations for Events & Weekly Flowers
· Developing, creating and executing new designs for the web-shop from concept to completion including working closely with the marketing department on planned photoshoots in and out of the studio.
· Ensuring all departments follow brand guidelines and stay up to date with current design trends.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent design and communication skills and will be experienced in working with luxury brands, whilst demonstrating strong floristry skills. They will have at least five years’ experience as a florist, be a self-starter, with excellent time management skills and ideally but not necessarily be an experienced driver with a clean UK driving licence.
The role is a standard 42.5 hour working week, with additional week and weekend hours when required.
The right candidate will benefit from a competitive salary and companywide bonus scheme.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com