Founded in 1989, PAUL THOMAS has decorated some of the most glittering parties and weddings of the last three decades as well as supplying leading London hotels, businesses and private homes with exquisite weekly flowers.
Our signature bold and beautiful creations, inspired by the quintessential English garden have earned us a loyal client list including the Royal Family and some of London’s most eminent businesses such as The Ritz, Sotheby’s, Fortnum & Mason, Van Cleef & Arpels and Derwent London.
What began life as a small Mayfair shop serving local residents and businesses 30 years ago, has grown into a well-known name in the floral industry, delivering bouquets nationwide and creating spectacular events across the world. PAUL THOMAS is growing at a fast rate and is looking to recruit new candidates for several new and exciting opportunities.
PAUL THOMAS is committed to sustainability efforts to protect our environment. We aim to make the kind of ambitious difference that will shape a strong future for both our company and the environment. Our social responsibilities and the principles that guide us, are instilled within our business.
In the Spring of 2023 we will be opening a new market-leading concept store in the heart of London. The store will be the beating heart of PAUL THOMAS, representing our core brand and design values.
PAUL THOMAS remains true to its original vision of supplying the highest quality flowers and dedicated service.
Head of Contracts – Hotels
As soon as possible, 2022
PAUL THOMAS is looking for a highly experienced and motivated individual to fill the vacancy of Head of Contracts – Hotels. This is a full time, hands-on operational role, that demands a flexible attitude to working days and hours to ensure that PAUL THOMAS continues to offer its clients the highest quality product and service.
This is a new role for the business and will entail spearheading a new large hotel contract and a new retail space. Duties will include but not be limited to establishing new designs, systems and SOPs as well as establishing, inspiring and leading a team of managers, florists, designers and support staff.
Establishing and setting up (First Phase)
· Designing and managing a creative team for the production of floral installations for weekly contracts including working to client briefs and budgets. This will also include establishing designs and support and maintenance systems, as well as liaising directly with the hotel staff.
· Calculating the volumes of flowers and foliage required on a weekly basis, ordering and buying them from wholesalers and adhering to target profit margins.
· Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with all weekly contract clients, keeping in touch on a regular basis and conducting quarterly business reviews.
· Overseeing and establishing the set-up of a new retail space. Working with Upper Management and Shop Florists in ensuring a smooth running of the store as well as overseeing the profitability of this part of the business.
· Scheduling all relevant staffing and logistics
· Managing P&L for your Key Accounts and ensuring margins remain in line with company targets.
Seasonal Work & Marketing
· Oversee the team, organising the production of Christmas contract installations as well as managing the staffing and logistics for these installations (and subsequent clears).
· Organising regular photo shoots of contract work to produce collateral that can be used for the website, in proposals and tenders, on social media and for general marketing purposes.
· Working with our Marketing team on collaborative events, workshops and receptions.
· Identifying new business opportunities and securing new clients – organising and attending site visits, producing visual proposals and quotes, whilst maintaining profit margins and providing a competitive service.
· Following up with potential clients and securing weekly contracts.
· Bringing in new contracts business on a regular basis is a key aspect of this role. As a part of this, you will be expected to work on business development strategy, contribute to the production of marketing collateral and work on new business tenders.
THE CANDIDATE MUST
· Be a highly experienced florist and manager with a background in providing corporate, hotel and high-end floristry, possessing a strong grasp of commercial floristry
· Possess exceptional communication skills and be highly confident in client-facing situations, excellent at people management, multitasking and prioritising.
· Have a proactive and enthusiastic approach to relationship management, including an ability to manage key accounts and have a thorough understanding and capability to drive revenue growth in contracts and manage clients.
· Be ambitious with strong direction and determination, with an eye for detail and consistency.
· Have a good head for logistics.
· Ideally but not necessarily – have a full clean driver’s licence and be happy to drive vans in Central London.
The role is a standard 42.5 hour working week, with additional week and weekend hours when required (paid overtime). Highly competitive salary and bonuses.
Please send your CV to Careers@paulthomasflowers.co.uk along with a covering letter and portfolio when applying for the role.