Start Date: June 2022
Established in London in 1991, McQueens is the largest luxury flower business in the UK. With headquarters in London and operations in New York and Korea, McQueens is ambitiously international, with plans to expand into other countries in Asia, The Americas and Europe.
The growing events team at McQueens Flowers is responsible for creating show-stopping floral arrangements for a range of social and corporate events. Based in our Bethnal Green studios, we work around the clock to delight our customers with stunning, seasonal, and distinctive floral arrangements for events hosted in London’s finest venues.
We are looking for an experienced florist to join our events team in the role of Lead Creative. The job-holder will be a valued and talented member of the McQueen’s Flowers events team, with responsibility for conceiving, designing and creating exceptional and profitable floral designs and installations for social and corporate events. Generally, you’ll be leading a project team of Senior Florists, Florists, Assistant Florists, and Drivers – requiring you to not only be an outstandingly talented and creative florist, but to also be a great communicator and highly organized.
The role calls for a combination of passion, creativity, flexibility, team-working, interpersonal skills, organisation and planning, attention to detail, budget and cost control, and staying calm under pressure. Much of the work we do is carried out during unsocial hours, so early morning starts, late nights and working weekends are often part of the job.
· Designing jaw-dropping and emotion-making floral designs that perfectly meet our client’s brief
· Leading a team of florists on a regular or project-by-project basis
· Ordering of flowers, equipment and other items required, always staying within budget for each order
· Preparation of vases, materials, and equipment
· Conditioning and preparation of flowers in the workroom
· Styling and setting up of displays and installation of agreed floral designs
· Loading and unloading of vans
· Driving to and from customers’ premises and events venues`
· Tidying up and removal of waste after installation
· Experience in designing and installing confident, imaginative, and forward-thinking floral designs
· Creativity and passion
· A proven ability to prepare and manage budgets
· An ability to plan and be organized
· A team player
· Advanced knowledge of flower varieties and floristry techniques
· A strong understanding of customer needs, delighting them and going the extra mile
· Excellent knowledge of the flower industry
· Highly organized with good attention to detail
· Highly motivated and able to work under pressure
· Minimum 5 years of experience working in the flower industry, preferably event floristry
· A commitment to continuing their professional development
· Good oral and written communicator in English
· Full UK driving license essential
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com