Food Exchange based Oppo Brothers Ice Cream has scooped four awards in the Great Taste Awards 2022.
Organised by the Guild of Fine Food, Great Taste is the world’s largest and most trusted food and drink accreditation scheme. Food or drink businesses put their products to the test with a panel of over 500 experts and get honest, straightforward and impartial feedback from chefs, buyers, food writers and retailers. Great Taste stars are highly respected seals of approval.
Oppo Brothers gained the accolades for its Double Chocolate Brownie, Vanilla Caramel Brownie, Salted Caramel sticks and Chocolate Hazelnut sticks products.
Managing Director Harry N Thuilller said: “Winning four Great Taste awards is a big deal for us – we won four between 2015 and 2021, so to suddenly win another four in the same year is something quite special!
“Our mission is to create feel good indulgence that's better for health, and when it comes to ice cream taste is everything. As well as the blind taste tests we obsess about, this is further third-party proof that Oppo stands up against the most gluttonous premium ice cream and gelato. A big well done to our product and marketing team at the Food Exchange.”
Here are just some of the lovely comments Oppo received about the winning products:
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE
- This has a pleasing creaminess and something of a cocoa powder level of grip
- Deep chocolatey impact
- Really rather enjoyable
- Appealing rich chocolate colour. Delicious chocolate chunks and smooth, creamy texture. Plentiful chocolate chunks that are smooth and found in every spoonful. A great product
VANILLA CARAMEL BROWNIE
- It's sweet, but it is so very good. Beautiful cream at the heart of the product, the caramel is well judged and the chocolate keeps the sweetness in check. There is so much to love about this, which is indulgent and delicious.
- The judges praised the pronounced vanilla flavour of this creamy ice cream. The chocolate morsels were a lovely surprise - properly dark, bitter and chewy. The restrained use of sugar gave the ice cream a lovely clean finish.
- We enjoyed the fruitiness in the caramel ice-cream and the maple notes. The dairy was high quality and had a lovely mouthfeel.
- We loved the creaminess of the ice cream, a very clean flavour despite the richness and caramel.
- The caramel flavour is lovely and deep, with a smooth texture.
CHOC HAZELNUT STICKS
- The texture of the ice cream was super creamy and we thought the chocolate and the ice cream both had a lovely multidimensional chocolate-hazelnut flavours that complemented each other very well. Well done.
- The flavours and textures are really well judged in this grown up ice cream. We particularly liked the contrasts running through; the chopped nuts, the crisp outer shell and the creamy inner ice cream. The chocolate throughout was good quality and delivered welcome and authentic notes of cocoa bitterness.