As they do every year, the fine people at Bevington Salads are collecting money for the Poppy Appeal. Over the next fortnight, there will be a table outside their unit (D57/58) on buyers walk in the Market.
“Every time someone donates and wears a poppy, we show how much we care about the lives of our Armed Forces Community,” said Bevington Salads MD Gary Marshall. “As we pay tribute to those who have served and sacrificed during Remembrance this year, we hope you will show your support, to enable The Royal British Legion to continue to support serving and ex- serving men and women, and their families.
“During the 2022 Poppy Appeal campaign, Poppy Appeal collectors will be distributing poppies across the United Kingdom, so please do look out for them and if you don’t get your poppy us, look out for sellers in your local community,” said Gary.
In 2022 the Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal will focus on how your poppy shows you care and helps the RBL continue its vital work.
Here are some key dates for this year's Poppy Appeal and Remembrance period:
• National launch: Thursday 27th October.
• Cardiff City Poppy Day: Saturday 29th October
• Leeds Poppy Day: Tuesday 1st November
• London Poppy Day: Thursday 3rd November
• Gatwick City Poppy Day: Friday 4th November
• Bristol City Poppy Day: Saturday 5th November
• Manchester City Poppy Day: Saturday 5th November
• Birmingham Poppy Day: Tuesday 8th November
• 2-minute silence: Friday 11th November
• Festival of Remembrance: Saturday 12th November
• Remembrance Sunday: Sunday 13th November