Find us
Follow us

The 'National Recycling Awards' highlight New Covent Garden Market

The 'National Recycling Awards' highlight New Covent Garden Market

10 Oct, 2023

New Covent Garden Market has been shortlisted in two categories at the National Recycling Awards, known within the trade as the ‘Oscars of the waste management world’.

The Market has been nominated for ‘Energy Innovation’ and ‘Food Waste initiative’, alongside our waste management partner Bio collectors. The winners will be revealed at a ceremony on Thursday 16 November, held at the Honourable Artillery Company in the City of London.

The National Recycling Awards 2023 are the largest and most prestigious awards in the recycling and resource management sector, with nominees and winners recognised as leaders within the waste, recycling, and reuse industry. The nominations come after the Market scooped a prestigious ‘Green Apple’ award, for promoting environmental best practice (read more here).

“All of these nominations are good for our sustainability credentials, which is very important to us and a big win for our tenants,” explains Colin Corderoy, Senior Operations Manager for the Market. “Businesses within the Market are now able to illustrate to their customers that they are actively engaged with and improving their own Environmental, Social and Governance performance."

The Market recycles 100 per cent of its organic waste, which is transferred to an anaerobic digestion facility. All other waste - paper, wood, plastic, glass, and metal - is recycled (95%) with the remaining 5% converted as waste to energy. Nothing goes to landfill.

The full list of nominees for the National Recycling Awards 2023 is here.

Garin Auld
map-markercross linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram